Tuesday, January 6, 2015

An Ode to Carlos

What better way to start the New Year than a post about love?

First, I want to say that I am not a poet. I am just only someone who is incredibly lucky in love. 

I wrote this ode for my husband, Carlos, as a way to celebrate my love for him. The way I feel when I am around him are at most times very intense, almost obsessive sometimes, but always loving. These words below are words which I often tell him in some similar form and for the past many months I kept notes whenever that emotion came to mind. 

This ode has changed a bit from the original one I sent to him a few months back. But like love, it has evolved, expanded and holds true to my heart.



An Ode to Carlos

I love the way he smells; 
animalistic urges to sniff his whole body intoxicates me.

I love his skin against my skin;
like golden light cast against the dark shadows of surrounding hills.

I love his electric kisses and the way he holds me from behind; 
a spark begins at the nape of my neck then surges pass every inch of my being.

I love the way he looks at me; 
his hungry, loving eyes reveal his dynamic, gentle soul.

I cannot help but stare at him like beautiful sunsets that create such intense emotions; 
I inhale the beauty, so heavy, and feel it slowly absorbed throughout my veins, my body.

I love his mind; 
brilliant and orgasmic.

I love the way his heart beats;
its powerful beats moved by pure passion, a tinge of metal, and all the love that is humanly possible.

I love him so deeply; 
my love for him, our love, permanently embedded in my heart, my mind, my soul.

I do not know if there is such a thing as soul mates, but everyday I am with him it feels so much more true than myth; 
our love feels forever connected like the stars above us.



Cheers to love! And Happy New Year to everyone!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment