Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Santa Fe Doors and Gates

One of my favorite things about visiting Santa Fe, New Mexico was seeing all the beautiful doors and gates at the front of many homes especially in the older neighborhoods. I was particularly in love with the blue doors and gates which looked so picturesque against the earth tones of adobe.  

Blue is the predominate color found on many windows, doors, gates, and railings throughout Santa Fe. Reasons as to why blue is the favored color range from different folklores to spiritual tales and even just to the beauty and power of a New Mexico sky. 

Below are some photographs of doors and gates that I took during a walk around my parent-in-laws' neighborhood.  All the doors and gates pictured were found along the same street.

Enjoy!


























5 comments:

  1. Love the doors. You know what I like also? that these doors open into a courtyard before you get to the main house - there's that extra level of privacy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought all the doors/gates were very charming and they definitely do provide that extra privacy! Although if Ryan Gosling lived right across the street from you, I don't think you would want that barrier to block your view ;-)

      Delete
  2. I love doors! I love the first one in your collection of pictures. How gorgeous!
    http://www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that first door too!!! Thanks for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  3. love it j! I have not been to santa fe but always been fascinated. I could see myself in the land of enchantment in my retirement days!

    ReplyDelete