Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Poll - To Beard or Not to Beard?

Beards. Some ladies love them, some ladies loathe them. Everywhere from local hipster joints to this year's Academy Awards, men were ditching their razors and sporting beards - one of the hottest accessories of the moment in men's fashion.

I love a beard on a man. I admit when I was a young girl, I was never a fan of facial hair or even any hair on a guy. But now as a somewhat mature woman, I have grown to love a well-grown beard on a man. Heck, I even love chest hair on a man, too, but that's another story! My husband Carlos has had his beard for over 7 years now and I haven't grown tired of it yet. I think beards look rugged, manly, and just plain sexy.

Of course, there are cases were a nicely grown beard doesn't quite make a man look more attractive. Some men can pull off a beard and still look just as handsome while others not so much. So for this poll, I've rounded up a variety of good-looking celebrity men with beards and without, and I leave it up to you to decide whether their beards make them more or less attractive.

To beard or not to beard? That is the question. 


Ryan Gosling




Ben Affleck




Henry Cavill




 Chiwetel Ejiofor





Ewan McGreggor





Robert Pattinson





 Ryan Reynolds





Jason Momoa as 

Conan vs. Khal Drogo





 Bradley Cooper




15 comments:

  1. I agree that a man with a beard is more masculine than a man without. I don't quite understand why that is but I prefer it. My boyfriend maintains a mustache and connecting goatee which I like and then he grows a beard constantly and shaves. He usually has a beard if he doesn't shave after about a week. His hair grows very fast. I do like the clean-shaven goatee look though as long as he has the mustache and goatee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband's facial hair grows rapidly too! Before the beard he had a goatee also but eventually he got tired to shaving the excess hair and went full beard!

      xo

      Delete
  2. It's true that men look more handsome with little beard . I voted for Ryan Gosling for both styles ( I love him anyhow) ;)
    Got you from ETSY blogging buddies :)
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of Ryan Gosling too! Thanks for stopping by...I'll be sure to stop by your blog also :)

      Delete
  3. I think a well trimmed maintained beard makes a man look more distinguished. Quite interesting to see them side-by-side. The beard can really change a man's look.
    I'm glad I stopped by from EBT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking my poll!

      Delete
  4. I'm the bearded woman... I guess I just have a thing for hairy men, which is GREAT for my hubby ;-)
    Happy that I found you at @Sapphire Bee's link-up. I'm following you via BlogLovin'
    I'd love for you to come over & follow along.
    xo
    http://mrs-aok-a-work-in-progress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand the feeling of having unwanted facial hair ;-)

      My husband appreciates having a wife that loves hairy men too!

      Also, thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the poll! I'll be sure to stop by your blog and follow you back! xo

      Delete
  5. Some of those guys I prefer them not at all with or without beards! But my two favorite Canucks - Ryan and Ryan could rock the looks both ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd like the Ryans! I'm surprised you didn't fall head over heels with Jason Momoa and his beef-cake Conan and Drogo ;-)

      Delete
  6. I LOVED this post! So fun being able to interact and answer the poll questions! I'm on the fence about beards. Some guys look great in them and my bf tends to let his grow out every few weeks but I just can't handle the scratchy feeling of it on my skin. Maybe I should have him put conditioner on it?? Lol.

    ♥ Duckie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my husband trims his beard, I don't like that scratchy feeling either! But after a couple of days his beard isn't scratchy anymore! Thanks for stopping by Duckie! xo

      Delete
  7. without! How do you french-kiss these superheroes after they rescued you without choking on a hairball?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noel you crack me up! I'm sure being rescued by these bearded superheroes plus being lucky to french-kiss them will be worth the risk of choking on a hairball!!!

      Delete
  8. Here are some basic rules how to look good with a beard.
    Rule 1: A weak beard is worse than no beard at all. Shave your shame and chop wood until you grow a proper one.

    Rule 2: Squint. All the time. Adopt a facial expression that says: 'If you get in my way I will skin you, gut you and kill you. In that order'. Your beard will grow thicker with each intimidated person.

    Rule 3: Unless you are about to throw an enemy down a ravine, never, ever smile.

    ReplyDelete