Monday, March 18, 2013

A Photo Book Collection of My Mermaid Paper Dolls

I have so many photographs of all my mermaid paper dolls taken for my Etsy shop Rock Paper Tekla that I decided to put them altogether through a series of mini-photograph books. I love each and every paper doll I create and I'm always a little sad when I have to send them off to a new home. So with these books I can at least remember them through my photographs.

Since all my photos are stored on our Mac computer's iPhoto I thought it was easiest to make the photo books through Apple. I chose their soft cover 8 in. by 6 in. books which I felt were the perfect size - very light and could easily slip into my tote bag. So far I have made three volumes with each book showcasing 25 of my mermaid paper dolls. The first volume contains the first 25 mermaid paper dolls I made for my Etsy shop complete with their name and number. Of course, volumes 2 and 3 contain the next 50 and 75 paper dolls, respectively. Also, in each book, every mermaid has its own dedicated page and a few have a two-page spread.

Take a look inside at my three latest photo books:

Mermaid Paper Dolls: Volume 1
The front cover of Volume 1.

Mermaid Paper Doll 12 "Bewitching Hazel"

Mermaid Paper Doll 13 "Pretty in Pastel"

Two-page spread of Mermaid Paper 9 "Americana"


Mermaid Paper Dolls: Volume 2
The front cover of Volume 2.

Mermaid Paper Doll 29 "Stunning Stella"

Mermaid Paper Doll 46 "Gothic Maiden"

Two-page spread of Mermaid Paper Doll 37 "Iridescent Pearl"


Mermaid Paper Dolls: Volume 3
The front cover of Volume 3.

Mermaid Paper Doll 54 "Northern Narwhal"

Mermaid Paper Doll 62 "Striped Onyx"

Two-page spread of Mermaid Paper Doll 55 "Golden Brocade"


I had so much fun putting these photo books together! I love that they bring to good use all the time I spent not only making my mermaid ladies but also photographing them for my Etsy shop. Moreover, I now have a beautiful visual record of all my mermaid paper dolls that I can personally enjoy, share, and treasure for many, many years to come.  

Thanks for being here!

8 comments:

  1. Do you use your small camera to take the photos, because they are pretty good quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, old faithful camera is still working pretty good! I haven't ordered the last two volumes yet but will very soon :)

      Delete
  2. Love, love your mermaid paper dolls. I've made a few books through Shutterfly. I will say your books through Apple are very lovely.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Blogging Buddies
    Frannie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frannie! And I appreciate you stopping by my blog :)

      Delete
  3. love them! Will you be doing a book signing tour? I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noel! No book signing tour at the moment but I'll be sure to sign my own copies since those will pretty much be the only ones made ;-)

      Delete
  4. Hi! I am following you back:-) I love your paper dolls! Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete