Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day: Chagall & A Love Poem

Celebrating Valentine's Day with my favorite Marc Chagall painting Over the Town. With no words or voice, this art of love expresses exactly how I feel when I am with Carlos...lifted, elated, and helplessly in love with him.

Marc Chagall. "Over the Town" (1918)


And with words and perhaps a lover's voice, a love poem by Pablo Neruda.


Wind on the Island

The wind is a horse:
hear how he runs
through the sea, through the sky.

He wants to take me: listen
how he roves the world
to take me far away

Hide me in your arms
just for this night,
while the rain breaks
against sea and earth
its innumerable mouth.

Listen how the wind
calls to me galloping
to take me far away.

With your brow on my brow,
with your mouth on my mouth,
our bodies tied
to the love that consumes us,
let the wind pass
and not take me away.

Let the wind rush
crowned with foam,
let it call to me and seek me
galloping in the shadow,
while I, sunk
beneath your big eyes,
just for this night
shall rest, my love.


Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! 
XOXO


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I'm now following your lovely blog as well :) Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following me back! And Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely poem, I love Pablo Neruda. Hope you had a good Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day too!

      Delete
  4. really lovely poem!

    x
    http://worryaboutitlaterr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That poem goes so well with the painting. I must admit that a. I'm suck with my knowledge of poems and b. I only know about chagall because they mentioned him in the movie Notting Hill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love both Neruda and Chagall! I've always been a poetry and art nut but I have to admit that I also didn't know much about Chagall until I saw one of his paintings in 'Notting Hill' too! LOL!

      Delete
  6. I love Chagall and I love Neruda too. I have some poems over at my place too if you'd like to stop by :-)

    Visiting from pret-a-vivre.com via meet & greet blog hop :-)

    ReplyDelete