Monday, January 21, 2013

Small Blogs: Blog In Focus - "California Girl to Georgia Peach"

My latest "Small Blog" in focus is California Girl to Georgia Peach.  California Girl to Georgia Peach is warm-heartedly written by Shannon. I stumbled upon Shannon's blog during a recent blog hop and I instantly became intrigued by her new blog (just started this January) which chronicles her impending move from California to Georgia. I'm excited to see what new adventures Shannon will have after moving from San Diego, CA (my home since birth) to the very different State of Georgia. I have never lived outside of Southern California. So when I hear stories like Shannon's, I'm truly fascinated to see and learn about what moving to a totally different city is like and the new cultural experiences that come with it.




I love how Shannon is so refreshingly honest in all her blog writings. First, she is very open about her struggles with mental illness (which she talks about in her other blog She's Mental) which I totally admire her for. And second, Shannon talks openly about her feelings of uncertainty, anticipation, and excitement about moving from California to Georgia. I especially think it's wonderful that she will be closer to her family and I wonder what that will be like for Shannon and her own family. My whole family lives in Southern California (most of us in San Diego and just my oldest sister and her family live in Los Angeles) and I can't tell you enough how great it is to have family nearby.

Here of some of my favorite posts from California Girl to Georgia Peach:


Shannon postulates about her inevitable journey of leaving California and moving to her new home in Georgia. I love the state specific graphic art she found. 






I really love how she captures the beauty of Southern California through her photos, particularly San Diego, and all it has to offer with its beautiful varied landscape from the beach to the mountains and to the desert all within reach by just driving east an hour or two. I know exactly why she will miss California but I'm sure Georgia will offer another lovely landscape that with time will be just as admired.


View of Downtown San Diego from Coronado Island.

 Gorgeous beaches.


Mountain views and high desert.

Blue skies and the desert.


Here Shannon was asked to pick a historical figure that she would like to have dinner with. She selected Virginia Woolf. A beautiful choice.

Virginia Woolf.

A quote from Woolf's "A Room of One's Own".


I hope you enjoyed this sneak peek into Shannon's new blog California Girl to Georgia Peach. I also hope you will join me and follow Shannon in her exciting new journey from the Golden State to the Peach State! 

Also, if you haven't stopped by to say hello to my previous "Small Blogs" in focus (Darlene's Wooden Spoon and Crafts and Rose's DesignStylePop!)...please do! 

Thanks for being here! 

11 comments:

  1. Great "Small Blogs" Feature, Jessica! This is a blog that I haven't yet visited, so I definitely will now. =0)
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! If you get the chance, check out 'Wooden Spoon & Crafts' and 'DesignStylePop!' (both via blogger)...they are my first two 'Small Blogs' in focus!

      Delete
  2. Nice feature. Moving to a different state can be really hard. I've done it multiple times now and I feel like a pro. The internet helps me keep in touch with family so I feel I can move anywhere and still be close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eyelah! I've only moved to different apartments in Southern California and that was hard for me...can't imagine moving to a different state!!!

      Delete
  3. Thank You so much!! I am so happy! It is nice to be recognized and feel like I am saying something!!♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Shannon! I can't wait to see what awaits you in Georgia!

      Delete
  4. Hi Jessica! Stopping by from your sweet comment on my blog. I love this feature! It's a really fun way to get to know new bloggers. I'll be following via GFC but do you have a bloglovin too? I do most of my blog reading via bloglovin!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just added a 'bloglovin' button...I forgot I do have one! I use GFC more than bloglovin' but will now try to do both!

      Also, if you get the chance, check out 'Wooden Spoon & Crafts' and 'DesignStylePop!' (both via blogger)...they are my first two 'Small Blogs' in focus! Thanks!

      XO

      Delete
  5. Nice post!! Thanks for share it with us!! Visit http://www.urbanfashionstylee.blogspot.mx and check my new post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for stopping by! I will be sure to check out your latest post too! XO

      Delete
  6. Came across your blog today, and am following you now! You are always welcome to stop by my place :)
    -Bethany
    http://eatemup121.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete