Sunday, December 23, 2012

Small Blogs: Blog In Focus - "Wooden Spoon and Crafts"

My next "Small Blog" in focus is Bay Area blogger Darlene Alvarez's Wooden Spoon and Crafts.



Wooden Spoon and Crafts showcases Darlene's cleverly simple and delicious-looking baking dishes, fun adventures with her family (which includes her 6-year old son Zachary and English Bull Terrier named Luna), and new found love of crafting.

I am a huge fan of Darlene's baking recipes! Admittedly, I am not the best cook so I love that her recipes are so simple and easy to make and with pictures! I've made her "Semi-home Made Chocolate Pistachio Cake" (see below) and it was quite delicious!

Below are a few of my favorite posts from Wooden Spoon and Crafts:

I love this recipe! Darlene discovered this recipe online but being short on time she used a box cake mix instead going purely from scratch. I followed her "semi-home made" recipe too and it tasted pretty yummy good.

The ingredients.

The delicious cake.

Another quick and easy recipe featured on Wooden Spoon and Crafts. Just like Darlene, I love breakfast food and could eat it anytime of the day. 

Baked Vegetarian Quiche. Looks so good!

Such great finds on these crafty solutions for reusing old glass jars and bottles. My favorite is the glowing fireflies...so magical! Below are a couple solutions, check out Darlene's full post on more fun creations!

 Terranium

Glowing Fireflys



I hope you enjoyed this little sneak peek into Darlene's Wooden Spoon and Crafts! Check out her blog and say hello! 

8 comments:

  1. Love the glowing fireflys!! I'm stopping by from Blogging Buddies.
    Thanks
    Angie
    godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Holidays!

      Delete
  2. I love the glowing fireflies idea. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Holidays!

      Delete
  3. I love finding new tasty recipes to try :) Thanks for sharing!

    I wanted to invite you to join our weekly Sunday & Monday Meet & Greet Blog Hop if you have time this weekend. Come link up and join the fun :)
    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2012/12/sunday-monday-meet-greet-blog-hop_22.html

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invitation...I will definitely try to join your Meet & Greet Blog Hop sometime!!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful fireflies.... and that quiche looks wonderful, reminds me that it has been too long since I made one.
    Merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the quiche looks great! Thanks for stopping by and Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete