Sunday, December 2, 2012

Recycled Christmas Cards

I love holiday cards and I know with the start of December that I'll (hopefully!) soon receive many Christmas cards from my family and friends! Not only do I love receiving them but I've also love saving all my holiday cards. It's a fun habit because there are a lot of wonderful things you can "remake" with your old Christmas cards. 

Take a look at some of these simple and pretty projects: 

Gift Monogram Recycled Christmas Cards

Such a neat accent to any holiday gift wrapping project. Kids,especially, will love to see their name's first letter on their gifts! (Photo: Martha Stewart)



Recycled Card Gift Tags 

Make a gift tag shape of your choice then trace over any holiday card you want as many times as you can! Cut it out, hole punch the top, and attach a colorful string or ribbon...simple, special, and recycled! (Photo: MiloMade.co.uk)


Holiday Card Ornaments

These Recycled Card Ornaments from Martha Stewart reminds me of the ornaments I made when I was in elementary school. I definitely plan to make these with my boys!


Recycled Card Christmas Wreath

The Recycled Card Christmas Wreath from Good Housekeeping is stunningly fun! It does look a bit time consuming but I'm sure the end result is totally worth it.

Vintage Card Garland

Making a festive holiday garland out of old Christmas cards is probably one of the most easiest decorating project one could do this season. I adore garlands and think they add cheeriness anytime of the year! (Photo: Vintage Christmas Card Garland from Etsy shop Summer Holiday Vintage)


Of course if you don't have time during this busy month to do craft projects, you can always donate your used holiday or any greeting cards to the St. Jude's Ranch for Children Recycled Card Program. St. Jude's Recycled Card Program will reuse your old greeting cards and create new ones for all occasions. The recycled cards are sold in packs of 10 for $10 to support their programs and services.

Happy Holidays Everyone!


6 comments:

  1. I love the ornament idea! And the monograms are cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love the recycled wreath! So pretty. And thanks for reminding me that Martha has all sorts of uses for old cards too. She has a real knack for making the old new again, eh?

    Popping over from the EBT...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never thought to save holiday cards. I think I may do that this year and use them for tags for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT ideas! I have lots of cards saved and they should be made into tags. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas here! The gift tags are brilliant! I always loved making garlands from Christmas cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love the idea of making a card garland! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete