Friday, December 21, 2012

Pinned It & Made It

I see so many cool things to make on Pinterest but just never have the time to do it! So for this holiday season I decided to make something that I pinned last year. When I spotted the Scrappy Ribbon Garland idea on Pinterest I instantly loved it and pinned it to my Holidays and Celebrations board.

Scrappy Ribbon Garland from Whitney Caroline Designs.

I decided to make my string light garland with scrap pieces of fabric rather than ribbon since I didn't have an abundance of scrap ribbon readily available in my home.  I also chose to not make my garland as full with scrap ribbon/fabric since I wanted to use my garland as a place to display my holiday greeting cards from friends and family. I used paper clips to attach the greeting cards to the string lights. 

I hung my final creation along the archway between the living and dining rooms. I love how the fabric creates a softer, more colorful glow compared to just the plain string lights. It's such a simple and affordable project that anybody could do! 

My scrappy fabric light garland with a handful of holiday cards already attached. This photo was taken last week and as of today it is filled from top to bottom with holiday greeting cards from family and friends. The tissue paper Christmas wreath was made by my son Tomás, his 1st grade class holiday project.

A closer look at my string garland with fabric & holiday cards.

Up close picture of fabric garland at night.

Picture taken yesterday evening. As you can see my garland is filled with holiday cheer from my family and friends!



Happy Pinning, Happy Crafting, & Happy Holidays to all!

3 comments:

  1. It looks great!!!
    Happy Holidays!
    ~Kim
    from Blogging Buddies
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! Happy Holidays to you too!!!

      Delete
  2. love it! I can't wait to see your holiday home jess! xoxo n

    ReplyDelete